2.5 Hours (to make, prove and bake)
Delicious homemade bread that won't cost you or the earth (ingredients only cost £1.45 per loaf!)
How to make
· Mix the flour, yeast, and salt in a bowl. Make a well in the centre, and add the oil and water.
· Knead for 10 minutes - make sure to wash and flour your hands!
· Place clingfilm over the bowl and let the bread prove for an hour.
· Line a baking tray and place your dough on it - punch the dough and fold it once (this stops the yeast from overworking!).
· Leave to prove on the tray for another hour.
· On return, preheat your oven to 220 ° (or 200 ° fan), adding toppings and seasonings of your choice.
· Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes.
All the items in bold can be found in the shop
500g strong bread flour
3 tbsp olive oil
5g natural sea salt
Seeds for topping
- Vegan - Vegetarian